AddressAirways Aviation Academy Sunshine Coast
12 Pathfinder Drive
Caloundra, QLD, 4551
t: + 61 (0) 7 5491 8588
- AVI50219 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- Private Pilot Licence
- AVI50519 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- Bachelor of Aviation (Flight Operations)
- Flight Instructor Rating & Grade 3 Endorsement – Aeroplane
Our Sunshine Coast Pilot Training Academy is an outstanding facility located in Caloundra between stunning golden beaches and rainforest hinterland. Caloundra is the southernmost part of the spectacular Sunshine Coast and offers a buzzing resort-like lifestyle for residents, while enjoying the advantage of being an easy one hour drive north of the Queensland capital, Brisbane.
Our modern and spacious training facilities are designed to prepare you for a career in aviation to ensure that you get the most out of your training, our facility offers:
- A modern fleet of aeroplanes
- Large classrooms and study areas with computer facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Common room and kitchen facilities
- A fantastic team of dedicated and experienced trainers and student support staff
If you require accommodation whilst you study at our Sunshine Coast Pilot Training Academy, we can arrange and recommend a number of options. We recommend Australia Homestay Network (AHN), GBS and Connect Relocate. Check their websites for placement fees. Connect Relocate & AHN can provide a range of accommodation including shared, homestay (with meals), units and houses.
Things to do
Our Academy has easy access to a number of well-known local beaches including Kings and Dicky Beach. It is an easy stroll or cycle along the Caloundra Coastal walk that stretches from Golden Beach to Currimundi Lake, stopping off at waterfront cafes along the way. We also recommend making a day of visiting the neighbouring towns and local attractions such as Noosa Beach, the Glass House Mountains, Australia Zoo, Aussie World and the Big Kart Track.
To see what’s on during your stay in Caloundra, please visit http://www.sunshinecoast-australia.com/caloundra
About Caloundra Airport
Training at Caloundra Airport ensures that student pilots benefit from optimal flight training conditions which help build confidence by putting you in a low traffic environment. Airport facilities include:
- A 795m (2,608ft) north-south runway
- A 795m (2,608ft) east-west runway
- Flight training area within immediate access of aerodrome airspace
Uncontrolled airspace allowing for greater training time and opportunities
Take a look at the courses we offer in many of our global locations by clicking here.