AddressAirways Aviation Academy Gold Coast
Lores Bonney Circuit
Bilinga, Queensland 4225,
t: + 61 (0) 7 5599 3445
- Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- Bachelor of Business (Aviation Management) and Commercial Pilot Licence
- Commercial Pilot Licence (Casual Course)
- Private Pilot Licence (Casual Course)
- Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- Recreational Pilot Licence (Casual Course)
- Certificate III in Aviation (Ground Operations and Service)
- Bachelor of Aviation (Flight Operations)
Our Gold Coast Pilot Training Academy is an outstanding facility located on the idyllic Southern Queensland coast, 39 nautical miles south of Brisbane and just a short drive from the vibrant and cosmopolitan Surfers Paradise.
The Pilot Training Academy itself is part of the Gold Coast International Airport and benefits from easy access to nearby accommodation, restaurants and community services.
Our pilot training facilities in our Gold Coast location are designed for an exceptional learning experience. They are modern, spacious, comfortable and are equipped with the latest technology. Our facility offers:
- A modern fleet of aeroplanes and helicopters
- State-of-the-art training simulators for aeroplanes
- Large, purpose built classrooms
- State-of-the-art hangars
- Computer labs and study areas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Student breakout areas, including common room and kitchen facilities
- A fantastic team of dedicated customer service staff
If you require accommodation, we can arrange and recommend a number of options. If you’re planning to stay for a longer period of time, we would recommend Australia Homestay Network (AHN), GBS and Connect Relocate. Please check their websites for placement fees. Connect Relocate & AHN can provide a range of accommodation including shared, homestay (with meals), units and houses.
Things to do
Our Academy is just a short drive from some of the most famous theme parks, beaches, shopping and entertainment in Australia. Nearby Kirra has an outstanding range of amenities including surf shops, cafes, and the famous Kirra Surf Lifesaving Club. We also recommend walking and cycling along the ocean path to the famous surf break of Snapper Rocks. There is also an endless array of shopping and dining options along the foreshore of Coolangatta, ranging from beach bars to casual cafés, bistros and trendy restaurants.
To see what is on during your stay, visit https://www.destinationgoldcoast.com
About Gold Coast International Airport
The Gold Coast International Airport is a medium-sized international airport and offers you a range of training benefits including:
- A 2,492m (8,176ft) long runway
- A shorter cross runaway for short-field approaches and cross-wind training
- Exposure to commercial operations within a controlled airspace
- Scenic training area from Coolangatta to Byron Bay
This gives you the experience of learning to fly in a busy environment helping to build your confidence as you progress through your learning experience.