Airways Aviation is a world leader in aviation training.
With more than 30 years of flight training experience, Airways Aviation is globally positioned to respond to the demand for outstanding pilot training and airline resourcing requirements.
We provide international airlines with access to exceptional crew. Our graduates have completed a rigorous training process, created in consultation with the industry, which develops the complete range of technical knowledge, skills and competencies. They are industry-ready and fully prepared for type training and the demands of operating an airliner.
The Airways Aviation network is vast and our ambitions are global, but we always champion the individual. Our approach to pilot training is always student first. Accordingly, we are dedicated to small group teaching and our students’ success, because every single journey to the flight deck matters.
The Operations Controller is primarily responsible for the co-ordination of flying operations; whilst ensuring maximum utilisation of aircraft assets. Operating hours will be from Monday-Friday 0700-1900 and Saturday 0800-1700 (subject to flights). This opportunity will best suit 2 individuals willing to job share on a shift basis e.g. 7am-2pm and 2pm-7pm.
• Continually contribute to the Company’s objective in attaining the highest possible standards of safety.
• Co-ordinate the daily flying and simulator training programmes to achieve a safe and punctual operation.
• Ensure managers and instructors are briefed as to any issues having the potential to affect the flying programme.
• Ensure training resources, aircraft and simulators, are used in accordance with any current utilisation policy.
• Constantly review company operations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Operational Management of computerised scheduling system, inputting daily Flight Schedule and communicating relevant information to Flight Instructors, ATC and Maintenance.
• Arrange liaison for all involved parties in the event of disruption to the flying programme.
• Ensure aircraft go-bags are regularly checked to ensure documentation is intact
• Responsible for Aircraft Certificate of Airworthiness
• Operate the sign out / sign in system for the aircraft keys.
• Support other areas of the business as required.
• Act at all times in way which supports the Company’s methods, values and culture.
i. Previous experience in a similar role
ii. Excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of current Microsoft packages
iii. Excellent customer care, communication and organisational skills
iv. Well presented
v. Must be able to pass airport background security check if required
vi. Previous experience of using FlightLogger would be an advantage, but not essential.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Airways Aviation offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia, the UK and Spain, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and CV, should be sent to Navita Singh, Staff and Student Welfare Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 31st May 2019.