Airways Aviation is a world leader in aviation training.
With more than 30 years of flight training experience, Airways Aviation is globally positioned to respond to the demand for outstanding pilot training and airline resourcing requirements.
We provide international airlines with access to exceptional crew. Our graduates have completed a rigorous training process, created in consultation with the industry, which develops the complete range of technical knowledge, skills and competencies. They are industry-ready and fully prepared for type training and the demands of operating an airliner.
The Airways Aviation network is vast and our ambitions are global, but we always champion the individual. Our approach to pilot training is always student first. Accordingly, we are dedicated to small group teaching and our students’ success, because every single journey to the flight deck matters.
The holder of this position shall be responsible for the development, maintenance and management of all the
electronic functions of Airways Aviation Academy. The Information Technology Officer shall follow up on IT matters
with different parties and maintain all the Academy’s electronic data and documentation in a secured manner.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Create and implement the information technology programs and procedures of Airways Aviation Academy and
suggest their development to the President/ Accountable Manager as deemed appropriate.
• Ensure electronic records systems are maintained in accordance with the generally accepted auditing
standards and preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery plans, back-up procedures, and information
security and control structures.
• Install computer systems, buy hardware and software, and provide the technology infrastructures for the
• Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack and provide secure access to the network for
• Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems and ensure that software licensing
laws are adhered to.
• Interact with other employees to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through technical
• Evaluate user needs and system functionality and recommend improvements and modifications to enhance
• Manage crises that may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
• Keep abreast of changes in technology and provide the Academy with best service in this regard by constantly
researching and installing new systems.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities in his/her field.
• Monitor the use of office technology and ensure that private use is to the minimum.
• Recommend repair, maintenance and managing budget for the President/ Accountable Manager based on
previous years’ spending trends, and ensure that all spending is kept within the budgetary limitation.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Computer Engineer, BIS, MIS or a related field.