Airways Aviation is a world leader in aviation training.
With more than 30 years of flight training experience, Airways Aviation is globally positioned to respond to the demand for outstanding pilot training and airline resourcing requirements.
We provide international airlines with access to exceptional crew. Our graduates have completed a rigorous training process, created in consultation with the industry, which develops the complete range of technical knowledge, skills and competencies. They are industry-ready and fully prepared for type training and the demands of operating an airliner.
The Airways Aviation network is vast and our ambitions are global, but we always champion the individual. Our approach to pilot training is always student first. Accordingly, we are dedicated to small group teaching and our students’ success, because every single journey to the flight deck matters.
Overview and Objectives of the Position:
- The Sales and Purchase ledgers are accurately kept up to date.
- The Bank reconciliation is accurately kept up to date.
- Money is collected from students on time in a professional and courteous way.
- The cash flow is managed efficiently.
- Customer and Supplier expectations are managed appropriately.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Worked in a finance department for a minimum of 5 years
- Familiar with running a Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Bank reconciliations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles
- Experience of credit control and comfortable with speaking to customers and suppliers in a firm but professional manner.
- Pro-active and customer focused.
- Good attention to detail and a strong work ethic, ability to work well to deadlines.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to evaluate alternatives
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Good communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Highly motivated and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Able to work autonomously with the ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- A high level of attention to detail is essential
- Ability to interact with clients, suppliers and staff at all levels
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Fluent Spanish (spoken and written)