UK and Ireland Pilot Training Scholarship
Airways Aviation is committed to creating equal opportunities and reducing the barriers to entering the pilot profession. In order to help domestic students to pursue their career goals to the highest level, we are launching a new Pilot Training Scholarship programme for aspiring pilots in the UK and Ireland.
As a result, we will be offering one scholarship of £35,000 towards the price of a full time EASA Integrated Pilot Training Course, starting in 2017!*
Delivered in the UK and Spain, the Airways Aviation Integrated Pilot Training Course – Elite Pathways Programme (EPP) – is designed to take you to qualified commercial pilot status with a ‘frozen’ Airline Transport Pilot Licence. On graduation, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to become a highly skilled, knowledgeable and employable airline pilot.
How to apply
To apply for this unique scholarship, applicants must:
- complete the online registration form before 30 April 2017;
- hold a current UK or Irish passport;
- be aged 18 at the time of application; and
- satisfy all of the entry requirements for our Integrated course.
If after completing the online registration form, your application meets our initial selection criteria, you will be invited to undertake a COMPASS aptitude test at Airways Aviation Academy, Oxford. Dates/times for these tests will be bookable online. COMPASS test time slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. A fee of £50 per applicant to take the test will be payable.
Shortlisted applicants who exceed our pass mark for scholarship entry will then be invited to attend (at their own cost) a panel interview in Oxford, after which the scholarship will be awarded. It is anticipated that the scholarship recipient will confirmed by the end of June 2017.
Any questions? Please contact James or Laura in our Admissions team on 01865 587362 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW!
*One Airways Aviation Pilot Training Scholarship will be awarded to a British / Irish passport holder in 2017. The scholarship is worth £35,000 or approx 50% of the total flight training cost – a cash equivalent will not be made available. The scholarship recipient must pay the balance of their total training fees.
UK and Ireland Pilot Training Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
- Airways Aviation is offering one scholarship of £35,000 towards the price of a full time EASA Integrated Pilot Training Course.
- The recipient must be a current British / Irish passport holder.
- The recipient must start their training course in 2017.
- The scholarship is worth £35,000 or approximately 50% of the total flight training cost.
- The scholarship recipient must pay the balance of the total training fee, which includes the balance of flight training, accommodation and all associated costs/fees. The balance will be a total of £54,980 which will be payable in accordance with the following timetable:
Payment 1 – £3,000 on signature of full Terms and Conditions.
Payment 2 – £21,745 one month before course start date.
Payment 3 – £21,745 four months after course start date.
Payment 4 – £8,490 eight months after course start date.
- The scholarship is non-transferable.
- A cash equivalent will not be made available.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student withdraws from the training course or if, in our opinion, satisfactory progress is not being demonstrated.
- Be aged 18 at the time of application.
- Satisfy all of the entry requirements for our Integrated course.
- Hold a minimum of 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent); successful completion of English, maths and science is desirable.
- Produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) basic disclosure certificate before commencing training.
- Minimum height of 5’2 (157 cm), maximum height of 6’5” (196 cm).
- Hold a UK EASA Class 1 medical without restrictions.
- Complete online registration form before 30 April 2017.
- If your application meets our selection criteria, you’ll be invited via email to do a COMPASS aptitude test at Airways Aviation Academy, Oxford.
- The criteria for successful applications includes you demonstrating a serious ambition and ability to pursue a career as an airline pilot and your availability to start the Scholarship during 2017.
- COMPASS test – dates/times TBC. Online booking / first come, first served.
- A fee of £50 will be payable when booking the COMPASS test.
- Shortlisted applicants who exceed our COMPASS pass mark for scholarship entry will then be invited to attend (at their own cost) a panel interview in Oxford (date/times TBC).
- The panel interview will be conducted by our Scholarship Committee, which will be appointed by Airways Aviation. A short presentation, simulator and group working exercises may be included to help ascertain aptitude and ability. A full brief will be provided to short-listed candidates with their invitation to attend.
- The Scholarship recipient will be identified and notified before end June 2017. Details of the Scholarship along with full terms and conditions of the course will then be sent for formal acceptance.
- The UK and Ireland Pilot Training Scholarship is provided by Airways Aviation, Airways House, London Oxford Airport, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 1RA.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)1865 587 370.