STOPOVER AND TAKE OFF INTO YOUR NEW CAREER
Your New Career
Both a Ticket Desk Agent and Passenger Service Agent careers are customer service centric.
As a Ticket Desk Agent you will be responsible for organising a person’s trip to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
As a Passenger Service Agent you will handle passenger and luggage check-in, document certification, flight delays and looking after unaccompanied children. In both these roles, no two-days are ever the same.
The teaching programmes are designed in close collaboration with airline companies both transport and touristic. The programmes also consider any changes in the industry and are updated accordingly.
Your Training Programme*
- Air transport rules
- Terminology (English technical vocabulary)
- Procedures while going through check-in
- Luggage disputes
- Reservations using AMADEUS
- ALTEA CM (flight management software)
- File creation- pricing systems, issuing tickets, information research
- International pricing systems
- The sales environment in tourism
- Communication and sales techniques
- Employment advice
- C.V. Covering letters, job interview practice
- Dangerous goods Cat 9
- Airport security
*This programme is given as information and is subject to modification
Once you have started training with ESMA, we are here to help you find an internship. We have many industry contacts who welcome new trainees into their workplaces.
Practical Company Internship
This internship experience allows you to put the skills you have learnt in the classroom to the test in a practical setting, better preparing you for entering the world of airports and tourism. Your internship may also be considered a trial period, with an offer of employment upon completion.
- An Aeronautical campus with advance technology and adapted equipment
- Reservation terminals connected to AMADEUS mode Expert and Vianeo
- Audio-visual material: projection screens, retro projectors etc
- Check-in terminal connected to the ALTEA systems
- I.T. facilities: 2 computer classrooms
9 weeks theory
4 weeks internship
€3,390 + €50
- English Speaking
- Over 18 years of age
- Clean police record
- Baccalaureate /A level (or equivalent qualification) OR relevant professional experience
- Conversational English
- Ability to travel
- Tidy personal presentation