The Airways Aviation Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) is European Safety Agency (EASA) approved and designed to build upon the skills gained during PPL training. You will undertake further and more advanced flight training including visual flight rules (VFR) navigation, general handling, basic instrument flying and advanced handling.
Upon completion of your CPL you will have the skills and experience you need to work as a commercial pilot in a range of industry sectors – from agriculture and tourism to aerial surveillance and passenger transport.
You will complete a minimum of 35 hours flying which includes a mixture of dual, single and multi engine flight training. Exact training hours will depend on your previous flying experience.
- Diamond DA42
- FNTPII DA42 Simulator
Approx. 5 weeks full time
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must hold a valid DBS basic disclosure certificate
- Hold an EASA Class 1 medical certificate
- Have a valid ICAO PPL
- Have passed all theoretical knowledge ground examinations to ATPL or CPL level
- Hold a night qualification
- Have completed 150 hours flight time as a pilot (70 hours as pilot in command)
- Have flown 300nm cross country, with two landings at aerodromes different to that of departure
- Have a multi-engine piston class rating